Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book of the Moment: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Paperback: 358 pages
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Source: Library
Interest: Series


Synopsis:

My name is Meghan Chase.
 
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.
~Goodreads



My Thoughts:


I can't believe how far this series has gotten to be. The first book earned a great big EH, the second earned a WOW, but this third book? HOLY, COMOLY, OMG, OMG, OMG, ARE YOU SERIOUS, AHAHAHAHHHHHHHHH. Ya. The Iron Queen? That's pretty much what it earned.

This book blew me away.

What caused this reaction? Mainly because the series probably has the BEST character development in a YA novel series. I started off kind of disliking Meghan just cause she was so whiny and annoying to me. She was just too much a of a damsel in distress until the end of the first book where she got a little better. The second book was awesome and I thought Meghan had matured a little bit. But in The Iron Queen was when I actually thought Meghan was for real and really matured. FINALLY!

This book also had the classic adventure like the past two books and it was fun and entertaining as usual to read it. Then of course there is the usual gang of his mega hot icy ness, Prince Ash, along with mischievous Puck, and wise old Grimalkin the cat. Ash and Meghan finally drop their little facade and actually become a real couple which was like one of those things where you drop to the ground and say "FINALLLLY!" As you can see, there were a lot of FINALLY moments through out this book!

The ending is also THE biggest cliff hanger EVER! It's so good that all you can do is just sit there, speechless, with your mouth gaping open for about ten minutes. It's crazy good.

I also can't wait for The Iron Knight which will continue the story of icy Prince Ash and is some what eager companion, Puck! I can't wait to see how that goes down...





Does this sound good? Buy it from your local bookstore!
Shop Indie Bookstores


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11