Saturday, March 26, 2011

Book of the Moment: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead




Blood Promise, the fourth book in the electrifying Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead, has protagonist, Rose Hathaway traveling all the way across the world to the icy exterior of Russia! After the tragic battle at St. Vladimer's, losing her one true love has made her lose a huge part of herself. The man she loves is now a Strigoi, something that must be destroyed. Destroying Strigois have been engrained her mind since she was little. But can she kill that man she loved. Or maybe still loves...
Braving the Siberian colds, she goes on a manhunt, pined on killing her man turned Strigoi. On the way, she makes a "friend" who really is just as sarcastic and arrgont as Rose, but will lead to Rose to her destination. She also makes other seemingly interesting friends, like a Morai mobster who seems to know a lot about Rose...

Her journey takes a toll on her emotions, always remembering her past and determined and scared for the task she has to complete. But in the end will Rose do it? Or will she join her lover's fate?

Ummmm...so...I guess I'm just going to admit this. Yes...I did jump up and down in my room and then proceeded to do 10 push ups because I had too much pent up energy from reading this marvelous book. It was so good that just a few hours ago I had finished Shadow Kiss, I then right away started on Blood Promise. I was so freaking ABSORBED in this book that I finished it so fast. This literally has to be record, even for me!
 I love Rose Hathaway so much. Her determination inspires me. I don't think a book has ever conjured so much emotion out of me like this one did. I cried. I laughed. I shuddered. I screamed...though silently in my head. That would have really concerned my mother. For me books are pure bliss. It's my drug to escape the world. I know that sounds oh so cheezy but it's the truth. And I have to say, Rose's journey has me made me thankful for my addiction for books. Richelle Mead is a down right genius and I am in awe of her writing. Mead has the amazing skill of actually compelling and absorbing you into her writing. This book is definitely her best work I have read so far. In the beginning of the book, I thought things were quite slow and a little boring. Now I realize it is anticaption. Because no one in their right mind could've anticapated what happened in the end of this book. This series has truly become one my favorite.
I recomend very highly, all girls and even guys read this series!

I give it a 6 out 5 stars. Oh ya... I went there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11