Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Book of the Moment: Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz




I am so glad I finished this book...I thought it was awful. Blue Bloods is the first of many in the series called Blue Bloods. It starts out at a typical Manhattan elite night club just like any other chick lit about rich New York kids with the character Schuyler. All ready, only after two pages I can tell it's just like everyother book.This book is basically Gossip Girl mixed with uber hot vampires. I personally thought it was super cliche...
I felt like it was targeted to middle school/ pre-teen girls who love vampires (Twilight) and total chick lit, mean girls cliche-ness ( The Clique, Gossip Girl, etc.). Maybe some people like that stuff but I think it's been overdone. I hope we can see some new material out there where the character aren't always clad in designer clothes and bitching each other our. This is my personal opinion...
But hey, maybe I misjudged it?! If you guys have read most of the series and love it, let me know on why I should maybe read the rest! Or just prove that this isn't a sucky (heh heh no pun intended) series.

I give it a 1 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11