Sunday, July 3, 2011

Book of the Moment: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Teen
Released Date: December
Source: Library
Interest: Synopsis






Synopsis:

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

~Goodreads


So what drew me into reading this book with such a passionate looking cover? The synopsis! I seriously needed to read a good realistic fiction book and that thought just kept going through my head as I was scanning the shelves and finally my eyes land on this one. I saw a few of my friends read this here and there so I picked it up. Not knowing at all, that this book would probably become one of my most favorite realistic fiction books of all time...

I loved the double point of views in this book. I loved reading Brittany's point of view as well as Alex's. There are always those books that have more than one point of view and I always end up thinking one pf the views suck and I usually skim over it. But in this book, Brittany and Alex made me clutch this book with my nose shoved in, reading and absorbing every little word. It was that good. Brittany was a character that I loved reading about. She may seem like her life is perfect and that only good things happen, but we are only human. Shit happens to everyone and not every one's home life is nice. Some or worse than others, but all in all, every situation no matter how bad or not that bad it may seem, can suck. That was huge thing I realized from reading this book. She has a mentally challenged older sister to take care of and just imagine how different that must be from normal house holds. It was intense.

But this whole book was intense. In a really amazing, really passionate way.

Take for example, the other POV of this book, Alex Fuentes. He's a gang member who's only trying to keep his family safe and fed, but he's a dreamer. He's a good guy and he wants to do something with this life but his situation just makes it so hard for him. And then when he finds himself becoming more and more interested in Brittany, that just makes him life more complicated as it does for Brittany. Alex is caring, strong, and just a really awesome literary crush. I swear I was swooning over half the things that came out of his mouth. Well, only when he was being all lovey dovey with Brittany. The gang talk wasn't all that endearing...

This book is truly one of the most amazing and feel good books I've read. It's intense, passionate, raw, and real. This book shows that no matter what your life seems like, hopeless, controlled, or out of your hands, one can always get what they want out of life. Always. This book had a huge moral to it and I understood it completely. This book is truly empowering and I recommend this to both guys and girls! I think everyone really needs to get a taste of the Fuentes/ Ellis story. This book is as right as the first word in it's title. Perfect.


I didn't really think the trailer was all that good but I did find the one for Rules of Attraction. But instead, I will show the guy that played Alex in the book trailer for it! I won't be showing the trailer just yet but here is a nice look at what Alex might look like. Personally, this guy is dead on right. Ahhh...


 













Oh...hello... *swoons a bit*


Does this sound? Buy it from your local bookstore!
Shop Indie Bookstores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11