Monday, July 4, 2011

Book of the Moment: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles


Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Simone Elkeles
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Teen
Released Date: April 13, 2010
Source: Library
Intrest: Series





Synopsis:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.
~Goodreads


My Thoughts:


After I read Perfect Chemistry , I pretty much ran to my library, slid in through the automatic doors, flew into the teen section, plucked Rules of Attraction, whipped my card out to self check out and ran back all the way to my house to the comfort of bed and began reading. Well, I'm being just a bit over dramatic but that's how I see it in my head...

Once again, we get another taste of the Fuentes brothers but this time the story circles around the middle brother, Carlos. And his love interest? Kiara, who doesn't look like anything special yet she is everything special. I really liked Kiara because she was such a developed character. Her personality is cool and I just loved her spunk. I love how in the beginning she just wouldn't put up with Carlos's smart ass moves. She was intelligent and she knew who she was and she didn't really care what other people thought. Her only insecurity was her stuttering and being afraid of the popular girls a bit. But all in all, I really liked her.
Sometimes Carlos tended to aggravate me but I always ended up forgiving him. I guess the Fuentes charm gets passed down. Like his older brother Alex, whom we all love from Perfect Chemistry, Carlos tends to have a bit of a hero complex. Although his exterior is hard, sarcastic, and intimidating, Carlos is also caring, self sacrificing, and playful. And Kiara is really the only one that can get those emotions out of him.

Kiara and Carlos's romance was wild and passionate and I never found my self getting bored with them! They were one hot pair...

I also have to give this book a million points for having the setting be in Boulder, the town I live in! I liked how the active lifestyle and the craze for healthy and organic food was ever so present through out the book. Tofu tacos? You can find them ANYWHERE. Although the high school they go to is fictional! I haven't come across Flatiron High School...

And once again, the element of violence and gangs are also present in this book. I think wherever the Fuentes brothers go, their past will always just lurk behind. But like the previous book, even if your future seems set in stone for violence, you can always do something to grab and take charge of your life!

Chain Reaction by Simone ElkelesThis book was just as great as the first one and I swear I can't make up mind on if I like Alex or Carlos better. They are just both so damn irresistible! Now I'll just have to wait for the third book in the series to come, the title going by, Chain Reaction. Chain Reaction will be telling the romantic story of Luis, the youngest Fuentes brother! Oh and this cover is just as steamy as the previous ones...  Check it outtttttt...





This is exactly how I imagined both Alex and Carlos to look like. They are both super hot! Dayummmm....


Does this sound good? Buy it from your local bookstore!
Shop Indie Bookstores




1 comment:

  1. I have Perfect Chemistry waiting to be read but I keep putting it off...as I do. But I keep seeing so many glowing reviews for Rules of Attraction I really need to get it read.

    Thank you for the post

    Blethering About Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11