Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book of the Moment: Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon



Infinity is the first book in the Chronicles of Nick Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Nick Gautier is just a poor kid that lives in the urban areas of New Orleans with his single mom. His dad is in jail and all Nick is trying to do is keep his scholarship to his esteemed private school and not bash the heads of the bullies while trying not to become the bloodthirsty criminal his father was. But one night, when he gets shot by his supposed friends, he meets Kyrien, an ancient warrior whose battle skills are more macho then Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris combined. After this little what you call, "eye opening experience", Nick begins to realize his world isn't what it seems. Turns out there are such things as zombies, demons, werewolves, and everything you could imagine. But what part does Nick have to play in this? Everyone knows he's going to be one day be very powerful but for what side? The good...or the bad? While trying destroy what is almost becoming a zombie apocalypse caused by a stupid video game( I know...weird), Nick must try not to get grounded or get kicked out of his school. This is kind of a hard job for a 14 year guy whose mom makes him wear Hawaiian shirts to school. Ya...very hard...
Can Nick do it?

When reading the summary book, I got very excited to get my hands on it! It looked bad ass and action filled. But through out reading it, I wasn't exactly disappointed, just very confused. This book talks about gods and goddesses but which gods and goddesses? You hear a lot about Artemis who is a Greek goddesses but then you also hear about gods that you have never heard about. Is this book a Percy Jackson esque book with Greek myths mixed in? Or is it all sorts of gods and goddesses from different religions? It's all super confusing for me. The book kind of just leaps into a different action induced problem to the next that seems just a little too much for just one night! This 464 page book all revolves around just the span of just 3 days. And most of the action happens in one night. Don't get me wrong, I did like this book somewhat, but I would've liked it better if it had been more thorough. I was confused most of the time and I really wish there were more explanations. Maybe the author was going for a mysterious vibe but if that was the case, it wasn't working. The book was just a little too mysterious that it became confusing.

I will read the next book which is called Invincible because I do want to know what happens. But I'm going to have to recommend this book to guys mostly. I think guys usually just like the action packaged kinda books. So this book is defiantly a guy read but the ladies are more than ok to read them. Just be prepared for a total guy point of view and a HELL of a lot of action.

** This has also covered ONE of the five books I have to read for the Once Upon a Time reading challenge from Stainless Steel Droppings . Since I'm doing the the Quest the Second challenge, Infinity has covered my mythology sections! Four more books to go!**

I give it a 3 out 5 CHEWS.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11