Saturday, May 7, 2011

Book of the Moment: Matched by Ally Condie



Matched is a thrilling love/dystopian tale set in the near future written by author, Ally Condie.

Cassia lives in a world where everyone lives in a little soft haven of a bubble. No one dares to break a rule. No dares to do anything that the Officials won't allow. But things change. When it's time for Cassia to be Matched with her partner who is selected based on genes and what is exactly right for one another, Cassia is happily surprised when it is her best friend, Xander. But when another familiar guy named Ky appears on her screen, Cassia thinks maybe Xander wasn't supposed to be her Match after all. Cassia is then whisked into a romance that shouldn't be happening and thought could destroy her and other around her. In a world of utter dystopia, can one have the freedom of having choices? Or are those choices what lead you to the ultimate destruction? This is what Cassia prepares to find out.

The last very dystopian book I read was The Giver and I thought that book was good but not great. But that is just personally my opinion. I liked this book though because it had romance in it and that is just my thing! I feel like the character of Cassia could be sometimes flat but I guess in a world where everything is the same, there is no real time to be "different" or anything like that. The beginning of the book kind of absorbed me but personally, the middle of the book was sort of a yawn to me. Towards the ending of the book though, it revved up and the book completely sucked me in, as I was turning the page rapidly, absorbing what was happening to the characters. Matched is a very well written story and it sort of scares me to think if I really could live in a world like that. Dystopia in general is impossible to achieve and trying to is just plain scary! Anyhow, this book is a great read and all in all thought it was a good book!

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11