Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book of the Moment: Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Across the Universe is a romantic part sci-fi, part dystopian debut book by Beth Revis.

It is into the future and it is a world where space travel to another planet is possible. The Project Ark Mission is conducting an experiment. To see if life on another planet can survive. Amy's parents are essential to this project and have forced Amy to come along with them. The only thing is, is that it is 300 years away and Amy, her parents, and all the essential people for the trip must be frozen, so when they wake 300 years later, they will be the same. But when Amy is violently awoken from her slumber of ice 50 years before landing, she must piece together who did it. And why. Now she can not go back. She meets Elder, who is the next heir on ruling the ship, Godspeed but everything she knew before she took the trip seems to be wrong. All the people are weirdly monotone and calm and the dictator type leader, Eldest has it out for Amy just because she is "different". But on top of this, someone is unplugging the frozen people and killing them in result. Elder and Amy must join leagues to see who is behind all of this and also unravel the mystery of the secrets hidden deep within Godspeed. In a place where you can't run away and hide but are stuck in between metal walls, what does one do when they feel like the walls are closing in? Is living with the stars the only option...?

Yippe doo. I was very excited to get my hands on this book just because it seemed like a good story! But as I read on I just kept getting more and more disappointed. I really don't like the character Amy and Elder just seems like a wuss! The plot line is different from other stories but still lacks flavor. I was thoroughly bored by the end of the book and wasn't pleased with ending one bit. There is a lingering problem that gets unresolved and the ending seems to end abruptly. I want to know what happens! It's not even a good cliff hanger even! I really just thought the book was ok but I know I would never read it again. Even though it looks like it has epic romance, it has NONE! I was disappointed in that factor. I like my books to have a little AMOR and sizzling passion! Oh well... This book however, would be a great pick for sci-fi lovers, although I recommend The Host by Stephanie Meyer. That book is like sci-fi for people who don't like sci-fi and it is just simply SUPERB!  Anyways tell me what you guys think about this book! Be sure to comment below!


I give it a 3 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I read your review on this book, because I was wondering how it was. I'll be waiting a while before I pick this book up.
    However, I totally agree with you about the Host! That is a FABULOUS book, one of my favorites actually. I recommend it as well.
    Great review, I am a new follower (found you on FF)

    Manda :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11