Monday, April 18, 2011

Book of the Moment: Jane by April Lindner



Jane is modern tale of Jane Eyre, getting the Pride & Prejudice treatment from April Lindner, who shares a tale of a modern Jane Eyre by the name of Jane Moore.
Jane Moore is broke and has dropped out college because of financial issues. Her parents died 6 months ago and her brother and sister are distant, not caring about Jane at all. Jane decides to become a nanny and is assigned a job for the uber, famous rockstar, Nico Rathburn's 5 year old daughter, Maddy. While she is at Thornfield Park, which is the residence of the famous Nice Rathburn, not only does she bond with the 5 year old Maddy, the girl she is nannying for, but Mr. Rathburn as well. She cannot escape the fierce love she feels for Nico but it is forbidden as she is a nanny...and well, he's a rockstar.
While she finds herself in the middle of a romance that cannot be, Thornfield Park seems to have secrets. Mysterious happenings and eery situations puts Jane at a stop. Can she love Nico? Or will she try to stay true to her self and keep going the way her life is "supposed" to be. This book is for all those Jane Eyre lovers and for those who want to read about a modern version of our beloved and classic, Jane Eyre.

I really loved this book! I have never read a classic although I did once attempt to read Wuthering Heights in 6th grade...which didn't go so well because I was clueless. But reading this book made me want to read the classic Jane Eyre and see what all the fuss is about! With the movie out, I'm just getting more hyped up about it. I also love how instead of the old Englishmen type Mr. Rochester, we have a rockstar playing that role! It puts a very modern and interesting twist to the book! I also love Jane's strong and determined personality and how she always stays true to her self no matter what. That takes real guts! I absolutely fell in love with this book and I recommend it to ANYONE! Seriously, no matter what genre of books you like, this book will be amazing! I will most likely have to read Jane Eyre later in high school so I'm saving to read it then. Hopefully I will actually finish a classic that time! Wish me luck till then!


I give it a 5 out of 5 stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11