Saturday, June 18, 2011

Book of the Moment: Awakened by P.C. Cast + Kristen Cast


Title: Awakened (House of Night series #8)
Authors: P.C. Cast + Kristen Cast
Hardcover: 290 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: January 4, 2011
Source: Library
Intrest: Series








Synopsis:

“My love, speak to me.  Tell me everything.”  Neferet went to Kalona, kneeling before him, stroking the soft, dark wings that unfurled loosely around the immortal as he sat on the bench, face raised to the night sky, bronzed body bathed in the golden glow of the moon.

“What would you have me say?”  He didn’t meet her eyes.  Instead he opened his face to the sky, as if he could drink in the heavens above them.


His question took her aback.  Her hand ceased stroking his wing.


“Zoey lives.” Neferet’s voice was flat, cold, lifeless.


“She does.”


“Then you owe me the subservience of your immortal soul.”  She started to walk away from him.


“Where are you going?  What will happen next?”


“It is quite simple.  I will ensure Zoey is drawn back to Oklahoma.  There, on my own terms, I will complete the task you failed.”


Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey.  Dominion over Kalona is only one of the weapons she plans to use against Z.  But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there.  Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it?  Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same – and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior, Stark, may never be the same either…


And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim?  The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship?  Does he betray his father or his heart?


In the pulse-pounding 8th book in the bestselling House of Night series, how far will the bonds of friendship stretch and how strong are the ties that bind one girl’s heart?


~Goodreads



I can't believe I finally got to read this book! After months of seeing it at my school's bookshelf and not really being interested in it, I finally picked up the series and got to this final (for now) book...

Let me start out by saying that Rephaim  is on the cover and he is looking finnnnee doing so! This depiction of him shows his human self!  And with the wings and the dark and mysterious thing going on, people will do a double take when they pass this book at a store or library! I definitely favor this cover out of the others... (:

This book was haunting and I did not want to put it down! The characters were delectable to read about and of course, just like the other books, it was damn sexy. I also loved how the authors dedicated this book to LGBT teens out there! This book definitely had Damien and Jack be more prominent that the other books have so I can see why the LGBT crowd would've liked it!

I think what conjured the most emotion out of me from reading this book was the certain death of a fellow person we all love (won't say who!) and that  brought me to tears! It was so sad and I was so surprised that it occurred! It just never seemed to me that this type of death could happen! But just like real life, the vampyre world the Cast duo has created isn't any different from ours, and truthfully...shit happens. Even if it is the worst kind out there...

I thought Stark and Zoey were fabulous together and it's about damn time that Zoey stopped slutting around and finally picked ONE guy! It was like a huge intake of nice, fresh air! Props for Zoey!

Speaking of relationships, the chemistry between Stevie Rae and Rephaim is just getting steamier and steamier! I was obsessing over that duo in my last book review for Burned and this book just carries on the sizzle of their Imprint... Definitely one of my favorite parts of this book. The ending was just plain awesome for these two! Loved it!

Awakened has not failed to impress and I CANNOT wait for the nest book Destined to come out! This series is definitely not ending any time soon... *cheers*

I give it a 4 out of 5 CHEWS!




Does this sound good? Buy it from your local book store!
Shop Indie Bookstores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11