Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays and Top Ten Tuesdays: June 7, 2011


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!


My Teaser:
 
                 " No. There was no reason to panic. Not Yet. And before the time to panic came, she would have to come  up with a plan to save the twins, to keep then from being used in this way, in a rite that would surely kill one of them."

                    ~p.g. 191 "Balefire" by Cate Tiernan





Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Favorite Book Settings:


    

 1.) Manhattan, New York & Brooklyn, New York in The Mortal Instruments Series.
I've always loved New York and I loved how these books showed the less posh side of it while still remaining cool. It just had this cool and fun urban feel to the books.







2.) The cool and magical land from The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima.
I loved how there were clans and wizards and even though it's supposed to be all mythical and magical, the land just seemed so real.




3.) New Orleans from Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Once again, another book with a very cool urban feel to it. The whole book as just in the span of a few days and in a setting that just had a dark and dangerous feel to it.





4.) India in Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck.
I love, love, love the background in this book because the culture and history is so rich! I loved all the adventures Kelsey and Ren had in this book and the setting just added so much to it! Loved the setting for this one!



5.) Europe in 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.
What person in their right mind would not want to travel to Europe and experience all the delicacies they have there!?  I know I really want to and especially more now after I read this book!





6.) Awesome paranormal boarding school a.k.a Hex Hall in Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. I loved how modern and fun this little boarding school sounded. I mean a boarding school for werewolves, fairies, and witches (oh my!) sounds terrifying, but in this book it is just downright hilarious!




7.) House of Night in The House of Night series.
Another awesome boarding school, but this setting has a more dark and almost sexy feel to it. I mean duh, it's filled with really hot vampire fledglings so of course this place is going to get a little hot and steamy.





8.) Curse Worker modern day world in White Cat by Holly Black.
I just thought how it was cool how it was still the modern world, it just had Curse Workers. It seems very real in this book.






9.) The mythical land in Fire by Kristen Cashore.
Now this setting was something that could never seem real to me because there were total fantasy type creatures like weird colored dragons and monsters and then there were human monsters and just all this really weird yet cool living things!




Last but not least...

10.) HOGWARTS in Harry Potter.
AMAZING. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11