Friday, June 3, 2011

Book(s) of the Moment: House of Night Craze : Untamed, Hunted, and Tempted by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast

So I had a House of Night craze during which my laptop fell ill to a nasty virus,so I decided to catch up on my Zoey Redbird adventures! But to review, I decided I would make it a little short and easy for me by reviewing all three books that I read in one post! Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy? A little bit... Let's start off by saying that I did NOT like the first book, Marked. I thought it was full of cheese and I never thought I would continue reading the series. Of course my unquenchable thirst of curiosity got the better of me and I just had to find out what happened in the rest of the series. So I gave in and started reading the rest. And boy, am I glad I did!


Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.
~GoodReads


I think this book started my craze for House of Night. The first three books were mehhh but reading this made me excited! I loved being surprised by all these new discoveries and happenings! And this book finally places down what Zoey's destiny seems to be! It was awesome and a fun ride to read this!
I give it a 4 out of 5 CHEWS!



The good news: Zoey’s friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren’t Neferet’s secrets any longer.  The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose – that and various other nasties (whose faces aren’t so angelic).  Grandma Redbird is in trouble.  Heath is in trouble.  The House of Night is in trouble.  Okay, let’s face it – Zoey’s whole world is in trouble!  But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings.  Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth?  Especially when, in the House of Night, the truth is often hard to come by...
~GoodReads

Once again, this book proves to me how wrong I was to think that just because this first book sucked that means the rest do to. Proved me SO WRONG!
I give it a 5 out of 5 CHEWS



 So…you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break.  Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang.  Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions.  Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings.  Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal.  Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her.  Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?  Find out in the next spectacular installment in the House of Night Series, Tempted.  ~GoodReads

Umm...ya...so...this was freaking amazing! The ending was utterly jaw dropping and I about started hyperventilating! Why do paranormal vampire books ALWAYS get to me?!? Always... It started with Twlight in the 6th grade and look how far I've come! Dork. Oh well. I've also decided I'm going to name my future child, Stark. I kind of fell in love with that name. Ok so ya, I also kind of think that Stark in the book is hot stuff but hey, Stark my future child shall be! Or until then maybe my pet fish. Maybe I'll just get a little red fish and name him Stark in honor of James Stark...
I give it a 5 out of 5 CHEWS!

Anyways it's obvious that I'm flipping out over this book because it was amazeballs so definitely read this series! I can't wait to read Burned and Awakened! So psyched here!

Until then, I shall daydream of my new pet fish, Stark! Oh and the fictional character too...a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11