Saturday, June 18, 2011

Book of the Moment: Meridian by Amber Kizer

Title: Meridian (Fenestra Series #1)
Author: Amber Kizer
Hardcover: 305 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: August 11, 2009
Source: Library
Intrest: Cover



Synopsis:

Half-human, half-angel, Meridian Sozu has a dark responsibility.

Sixteen-year-old Meridian has been surrounded by death ever since she can remember. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders would burrow into her bedclothes and die. At her elementary school, she was blamed for a classmate’s tragic accident. And on her sixteenth birthday, a car crashes in front of her family home—and Meridian’s body explodes in pain.

Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she’s a danger to her family and hustled off to her great-aunt’s house in Revelation, Colorado. It’s there that she learns that she is a Fenestra—the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos.

~Goodreads


What really drew me towards this book was the cover art. There is a stunning girl on the cover framed with eery and blood dripping like roses and the girl just looks like this mysterious little creature. Of course I wanted to see what this chick was all about!

The idea of the story being about angels is un original itself but how the author uses Angels in a different way is quite enticing. I loved learning about Fenestras and the idea of being the window from death to the afterlife was strangely creepy yet cool. The backdrop and the problems that arise in the story are also original and interesting to read about.

But the book was very easy to read and I read it very fast so I felt like this is a book I wouldn't remember in 2 or 3 months. And with me, when a book is truly stunning, I will remember it for a really long time. And Meridian just doesn't cut it for me. I'll admit it is was a fun read, but not the best when it comes to the paranormalcy of Angels.

I am definitely going to try to read the next book, Wildcat Fireflies because I really do want to know how this series will continue. This is a book that is easy, fun, and has the zest of paranormal for all the para freaks out there that are just trying to find every god damn paranormal YA book that exists! Like me...

I give it a 3 out of 5 CHEWS


Does this sound good? Buy it from your local bookstore!
Shop Indie Bookstores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11