Sunday, June 12, 2011

Book of the Moment: Captivate by Carrie Jones

Hardcover: 273 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury

"Zara and her friends thought they’d solved the pixie problem. And they did — sort of. The pixies are all locked away, deep in the woods. But the king’s needs grow stronger each day that he is in captivity, while his control over his people weakens. And it’s enough to draw a new king into town. Astley claims he is different. He claims there are pixies who can live peacefully with humans, that it doesn’t have to be all violence and nastiness all the time. Zara wants to believe him . . . until Astley also claims that she is fated to be his queen.

There is no way Zara would ever turn pixie. And she’s got good friends who will make sure of that. Besides, she and Nick are so in love they’re practically inseparable. But when the very thing Zara wants to protect most is exactly what’s at risk, she is forced to make choices she never imagined. . . ."
~Goodreads


I don't really know why I decided to read this book when in truth, I didn't really enjoy the first book Need. It was a mediocre book with a story that was easily forgettable. But I still read the second book. And sadly, this book was worse than the first. It isn't completely horrible, it's just really boring. It's been a day and I've already forgotten whats happened in most of the book.

The character Zara annoyed me and her best friend Izzy annoyed me even more. I don't really know why, they just pissed me off. Zara's werewolf boyfriend, Nick, was a total stereotype and I swear he called Zara "baby" at like every other sentence! How original...

I feel like this book could've done a better job being original and different because really this book just seems like Twilight and Wicked Lovely had babies and produced the Need series. But while the Twilight and Wicked Lovely series are brilliant, the Need series isn't that excitement worthy. It's a readable book, just not something I would be really excited about. And I'm sure quite a few people will agree with me but I like to be excited and surprised with my books!

I give it a 2 out 5 CHEWS.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I read this review because I was thinking seriously about getting those books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

go indie

indiebound

Search This Blog

PageViews since 3/22/11